Runny nose? Sneezing? Coughing? These symptoms are often associated with the common cold, but that might not be the case. Home allergies can have you feeling sick inside your own home, but these preventative measures can leave you breathing easy:
- Lose the carpet and install plain flooring, hardwood or linoleum.
- Keep your windows closed and use air-conditioning.
- Use 100 % cotton or synthetic curtains. If you have blinds, use ones made of washable material.
- Use non-upholstered furniture and dust frequently.
- Avoid wood-burning stoves or fireplaces and use natural gas instead.
- Bath your pets weekly, and wash pet beds every month.
- Change air filters frequently.
- Spend some time outside to relieve your allergies.
Stay tuned for part 2 where we tell you how to reduce allergens in your bedrooms!